Talk for Writing - KS2 Fiction
What the training will cover:
• An introduction to the Talk for Writing approach with a focus on story writing.
• The Talk for Writing teaching sequence, main strategies and techniques as well as practical and creative activities and resources to support each stage of imitation, innovation and independent application
• Using assessment to focus teaching as well as developing a creative context that captures children’s imagination.
• The role of model texts and integrating grammar and spelling into writing
Attending this training will provide delegates with:
• an overview and understanding of how Talk for Writing works practically in classrooms so that we can start to build a whole school, coherent system for teaching writing
• an awareness of resources for building a bank of word/ sentence games linked to text types so that children are using and choosing appropriate language features
• ideas and activities to engage and motivate writers in order to promote enjoyment and enthusiasm leading to powerful writing and enhanced attainment